The Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) Student Chapter at Oregon Tech was established in 2002.
The Chapter President for 2012-13 is _________________, past presidents include Zachary Davis (now working with Knife River) and Eric Leaming (now working for ODOT Traffic Office). The faculty advisor is Dr. Roger Lindgren.
Over the years, the Chapter has arranged very successful trips to the ITE NW Traffic Bowl, the USDOT Region X Transportation Student Conference, and tours of the single point urban interchange (SPUI) in South Medford, the Eugene I-5 "flyover", the Willamette River Bridge, and the Antlers Bridge. Click on the right of this page to see pictures! The Chapter also sponsors a series of ITE Webinars on topics like:
- Roundabout design
- Coordinated signals
- A preview of new signing standards
- MUTCD changes
- HCM 2010
The Chapter works with other Oregon Tech student groups, such as the EWB, ASCE and AGC student chapters as well as the National ITE organization, ITE Region 6, OregonITE, and student groups at other Oregon Universities to put engineering students in contact with practicing engineers and real world projects.
Plans for the 2012-13 year include:
- Antlers Bridge Project field tour (Sept. 28)
- Traffic Bowl at McMenamins Edgefield: hosted by Oregon ITE (Nov. 15)
- USDOT Region X Transportation Student Conference (Nov. 16)
- Asphalt Pavement Association of Oregon (APAO) Annual Conference (April 2013)
- Sandy River Bridge field tour
- Technical field trips, social events (such as transportation movie night) and guest speakers.
The Chapter is supported by generous grants from the Oregon Transportation Research and Education Consortium (OTREC) and the National Institute for Transportation and Communities (NITC).
For more information on events or to become a member please contact Chapter President _________ or Chapter Advisor Dr. Roger Lindgren (firstname.lastname@example.org).