The Oregon Tech Dental Hygiene program participates in the American Dental Education Association Dental Hygiene Centralized Application Service (ADEA DHCAS). The 2017-18 ADEA DHCAS application cycle will open on November 1, 2017. The following instruction are intended to direct you through the process.
Prepare to Apply
The average time to complete the application is five hours. Here is a list of tasks that you can do in advanced to ensure timely completion of your application:
- Review the application instructions: Instructions for completing the application are located on the ADEA web site
Important! It is your responsibility to read, understand and follow all ADEA DHCAS and program specific instructions for completing the application.
- Research programs: Find Oregon Institute of Technology Dental Hygiene and other participating programs using the ADEA DHCAS search engine. Here you will find program profiles and contact and program information.
Note! The Oregon Tech Dental Hygiene program is entry level bachelor.
- Register for a DENTPIN: “The DENTPIN (DENTal Personal Identification Number) is a unique identifier for professionals and students involved with the U.S. dental education system and standardized testing programs.” (ADA) Register for a DENTPIN
- Transcripts: Know where to go to request transcripts from all colleges attended.
Completing the Application
To begin the application, go to https://dhcas.liaisoncas.com. Here you will be asked to create an account. After creating an account, select your program(s) and complete the application(s).
Minimum Requirements. To be eligible for admission to the program, the following minimum requirements must be met:
- Successful completion (grade C or better) of all freshman pre-dental hygiene courses by the end of spring term of the year of application;
- Minimum 2.75 cumulative grade point average (GPA);
- Transfer students must meet eligibility requirements for admission to Oregon Institute of Technology, including, but not limited to, MATH 95 (OIT MATH 100) Intermediate Algebra or higher.
Criteria for Selection. Scores for the following criteria are used to determine admission statue to the program:
- GPA, freshman year pre-dental hygiene courses (scale 1-4)
- Essay evaluation (scale 1-4)
- On-Campus interview evaluation of Essential Functions of Dental Hygienists (scale 1-4)
- Preference points (0.25) for OIT and CCC enrolled students
- To be eligible for preference points, applicants must be enrolled full- or part-time. Full-time is defined as attending at least 2 terms (4 or more courses per term). Part term is defined as attending at least one year (2-3 courses per term).
Applications are ranked from highest to lowest scores. Based on the score, candidate will be offered a seat in the program, placed on an alternate list, or not offered a seat in the program.