Application Deadline: March 31, 2017
Oregon Tech Dental Hygiene programs in Klamath Falls and Salem are participating in the American Dental Education Association Dental Hygiene Centralized Application Service (ADEA DHCAS). You may apply to any or all of the entry level dental hygiene programs with one application. Prerequisite (pre-dental hygiene) courses are the same for all campus-based programs.
View Complete Application Instructions for ADEA DHCAS
To be considered for selection into any of the professional programs in dental hygiene, you must be eligible and apply for admission. Eligibility is contingent upon the following qualifications being met:
- You must have successfully completed or be in progress of completing all freshman pre-dental hygiene courses.
- Completion of Introduction to Dental Hygiene (DH 100 on campus or DHE 100 online) is required by the end of spring term of the year of application. All other prerequisite courses must be completed by the end of summer term of the year of application.
- If you are taking prerequisite courses outside of Oregon Tech, see the articulation agreements page to ensure transfer course equivalency.
- You must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50.
Oregon Tech Dental Hygiene programs require the HESI Admission Assessment exam. This exam assesses four content areas, which are:
- reading comprehension
- vocabulary and general knowledge
- anatomy and physiology
Preparing for the Exam
The book HESI Admission Assessment Exam Review helps you prepare for the exam.
Taking the Exam
- Register for the HESI Assessment Exam
- Schedule an appointment with a testing center. You can take the HESI Admission Assessment exam at:
ADEA DHCAS Application
- Register for a DENTPIN® (American Dental Association Personal Identification Number)
- Follow all instructions to complete the ADEA DHCAS Application