The Oregon Tech Dental Hygiene program participates in the American Dental Education Association Dental Hygiene Centralized Application Service (ADEA DHCAS). The 2017-18 ADEA DHCAS application cycle will open on November 1, 2017 and close on April 1, 2018. The following instruction are intended to direct you through the process.
Prepare to Apply
The average time to complete the application is five hours. Here is a list of tasks that you can do in advanced to ensure timely completion of your application:
Transfer Students must meet the following requirements:
- A completed Application for Admission
- At least 36 quarter-hour credits or 24 semester-hour credits
- A 2.25 cumulative GPA or higher. If you attend multiple colleges, we will average the GPA from each to determine your cumulative GPA.
- WRI 115 (College Composition) or higher with a C- or better
- MATH 95 (Intermediate Algebra) or higher with a C- or better
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended or from which any college credits have been received
- $50 non-refundable application fee (checks or money orders payable to Oregon Tech)
- Successful completion (grade C or better) of all freshman pre-dental hygiene courses by the end of spring term of the year of application;
- Minimum 2.75 cumulative grade point average (GPA);
- Transfer students must meet eligibility requirements for admission to Oregon Institute of Technology, including, but not limited to, MATH 95 (OIT MATH 100) Intermediate Algebra or higher.
- Review the application instructions: Instructions for completing the application are located on the ADEA web site
Important! It is your responsibility to read, understand and follow all ADEA DHCAS and program specific instructions for completing the application.
- Research programs: Find Oregon Institute of Technology Dental Hygiene and other participating programs using the ADEA DHCAS search engine. Here you will find program profiles and contact and program information.
Note! The Oregon Tech Dental Hygiene program is entry level bachelor.
- Register for a DENTPIN: “The DENTPIN (DENTal Personal Identification Number) is a unique identifier for professionals and students involved with the U.S. dental education system and standardized testing programs.” (ADA) Register for a DENTPIN
- Transcripts: Know where to go to request transcripts from all colleges attended.
- To begin the application, go to https://dhcas.liaisoncas.com. Here you will be asked to create an account. After creating an account, select your program(s) and complete the application(s).”
Criteria for Selection
Scores for the following criteria are used to determine admission statue to the program:
- GPA, freshman year pre-dental hygiene courses (scale 1-4)
- Essay evaluation (scale 1-4)
- On-Campus interview evaluation of Essential Functions of Dental Hygienists (scale 1-4)
- Applicants who are offered an interview will be required to submit a $65 non-refundable fee to Oregon Tech Dental Hygiene to hold their seat on interview day.
- Preference points (0.25) for OIT and CCC enrolled students
- To be eligible for preference points, applicants must be enrolled full- or part-time. Full-time is defined as attending at least 2 terms (4 or more courses per term). Part term is defined as attending at least one year (2-3 courses per term).
- Applications are ranked from highest to lowest scores. Based on the score, candidate will be offered a seat in the program, placed on an alternate list, or not offered a seat in the program.
Interviews will be conducted on
May 5, 2018
After review of applications, candidates will be e-mailed an invitation for interview. Interviews are scheduled for Saturday, May 5, 2018 at both Salem and Klamath Falls locations. The final selection will be determined in late May.