THE MIT APPLICATION AND RSVP FORM IS NOW AVAILABLE AND MUST BE
COMPLETED BY MAY 4, 2015.
MIT Program Application
Program Selection Criteria
These instructions (Application Materials on the right sidebar of this page) are for Pre-Medical Imaging Technology (Pre-MIT) students seeking to enter one of the five medical imaging programs starting in the Fall of each year. To be eligible the Pre-MIT curriculum (freshman year) must be complete by the end of the previous Spring term. Please read all four documents and follow the instructions carefully.
Important Changes to the Selection Criteria:
- Background checks, drug screening and physical examination will be required after student is accepted into program.
- Courses required for application:
- Course Attempts - Students attempting a course for the 3rd time must average the grade earned with the grade earned on their 2nd attempt.
If Sally takes Trigonometry and receives a “D”, she may attempt the course a 2nd time to receive a better grade. If she receives a C on her 2nd attempt and opts to repeat the course a 3rd time, her grade earned (i.e. an “A”) will be averaged with the “C” on her 2nd attempt for a final “B” grade.
- Preference points will be given for the following Pre-MIT year courses taken through Oregon Tech. Students will receive 0.25 points per credit, with a maximum of 5 points that can be applied toward selection. Credit is given for OIT courses only if it is the latest attempt at one of the courses listed below.
- BIO 231 (4 credits, 1 pt)
- BIO 232 (4 credits, 1 pt)
- BIO 233 (4 credits, 1 pt)
- CHEM 101 (3 credits, 0.75 pts)
- CHEM 104 (1 credit, 0.25 pts)
- MATH 112 (4 credits, 1 pt)