The Project Lead The Way Scholarship is a one-year scholarship for $2,000.
- Must be a high school student graduating from a certified Project Lead The Way (PLTW) high school
- Must have earned a B average or higher in PLTW coursework
- Must have scored 70 percent or higher on the PLTW college credit exam
- Must be enrolling in one of Oregon Tech's B.S. Engineering, Engineering Technology, Renewable Energy Engineering or Geomatics programs.
In addition two of the following criteria must be met:
- Unweighted high school GPA of 3.3 or better
- 1100 combined SAT Critical Reading and Math Score (or 24 ACT composite) or
- Top 20% of graduating class
Depending on which major a student selects, Oregon Tech would award between 3 – 11 transfer credits towards the selected degree, from four PLTW classes completed in high school.
The scholarships are awarded only to new, fully admitted Oregon Tech students. If you are majoring in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Geomatics, or Renewable Energy Engineering and meet the academic criteria listed above, all you need to do is apply for admission to Oregon Tech and be accepted by February 1 for enrollment in the following academic year. You must meet all admission requirements in order to qualify.
The Project Lead The Way Scholarship is for one year so long as a 3.0 cumulative GPA is maintained at Oregon Tech and you remain an engineering or engineering technology major. Recipients must carry at least 15 Oregon Tech credits per term, with the exception of students enrolled at Oregon Tech's Portland-East and Portland-West campuses who may receive a prorated scholarship provided they are taking at least six credits from Oregon Tech per term, exclusive of concurrent enrollment (e.g., recipients with 6 to 14 credits will receive a half scholarship). Students attending Oregon Tech through the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) program are not eligible for these scholarships. Transfer students must have at least 36 quarter hours of transferable college credit. Applicants with fewer than 36 credits are considered on the basis of their college grades, high school record and test scores.
Send an email to Barbara Metcalf, Project Lead The Way Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarship and College Credit
Oregon Tech offers college credit to PLTW students meeting the following criteria:
PLTW Credit by Examination Policy
Credit by examination is available to students who are enrolled in a Project Lead The Way course at a PLTW certified high school
- Students must have an average of 85% or better for the course, have completed a portfolio, and have a grade of 70% or better on the PLTW college exam and pay the required tuition.
- Students will receive quarter credit hours for each of the courses taken that meet these requirements. The credits will be transcripted as credit by exam on the Oregon Tech transcript. Oregon Tech will accept the transcripted credit from other Affiliate Universities for the courses.
Credit by examination for PLTW credits do not count toward graduation residency requirements. For a bachelor's degree, students must complete 45 credits from Oregon Tech. Substitution of a course in a particular program will depend on the program curriculum in force at the time of admittance to Oregon Tech. This decision will be made by the department and credit per program varies.
3. Students must pay a non-refundable $25 per credit fee prior to receiving credit by examination. (Note: Qualifying Oregon students who receive free or reduced price lunch may obtain credits at no cost by completing the Grant Verification Form.)
4. Students must indicate which Oregon Tech Program listed on the PLTW Credit Chart they would like credit in when more than one Oregon Tech course option exists for a single PLTW course. The Oregon Tech course/s for the Oregon Tech Program indicated must match the course/s indicated in the CREDIT BY EXAM section on the Application for Registration form.