Students must qualify in ONE of the following categories:
- Low Income: You and your family's adjusted gross income falls below the Department of Education's current Low Income Levels.
- First Generation: Neither of your parents have obtained a Bachelor's degree or higher.
- Student with a Disability: You have a documented physical or learning disability.
Students must demonstrate an Academic Need by meeting one of the criteria below:
- High school GPA of 2.75 or below or
- any SAT subtest score of 500 or below or
- any ACT subtest score of 19 or below or
- placement into any remedial course or
- college cumulative GPA below 2.5, or below level needed to maintain any academic scholarship, or below major program requirements or
- have not attended school for five years or more.
- were former participants is a TRiO program
Note: The above list does not include all possible criteria. Other factors may apply and a student may be deemed eligible at the discretion of the Program Director, Angela Archer.
Additionally, students who meet two or more of the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- deficits in computer literacy;
- admitted to Oregon Tech as a special admit;
- commute more than 25 miles round-trip to campus;
- 4 or more withdrawals in the last 3 terms or 2 or more incompletes in the last 2 terms;
- course completion ratio of 75% or less over the last 2 terms.