Golf Scramble Rules
(USGA Golf Rules apply except as modified below)
- All four team members tee off on each hole. The team decides which tee shot it likes best and marks that position.
- Balls from other three tee shots are picked up. Each team member then places their ball within 1 club length of the marker but no closer to the hole and takes their next shot.
- This procedure is followed on every shot for the remainder of the hole, including putts. However, when the chosen shot is marked on the green, players must take their shot from the marked position.
- The first ball to go in the hole is counted for the team score. For instance, if a player taps their 2nd putt in before all other players have taken their first putt, the score is counted as 2 putts even if the next player makes their putt first.
- If the ball the team chooses (or is forced see rule 6) to play is in a hazard (sand, water, bushes), in the rough or Out of Bounds, you can not drop the ball outside of the hazard or rough even if relief is within one club length.
- Each team must use at least 1 of each team members tee shots on each nine (minimum two tee shots from each player after 18) and be able to show on the scorecard where that has been done.
- Men tee off from the white tees and women from the red tees.
Play Ready Golf to keep a good pace, observe proper golf etiquette and enjoy the day with you fellow Oregon Tech Golfers.