Maximum players: 5
Minimum players: 3
1. The basic rules are those set forth in the NCAA basketball rulebook.
2. Adjustments due to the facilities and the times available are these:
a. Duration of the game two 20-minute halves, running time with stopped clock during the last two minutes of the last half on dead balls.
b. Half time 5-minute duration.
c. Time outs one of 1 minute in duration per half.
d. Overtime one 2-minute period with stopped clock during last minute. If ended in a tie score, shall be followed immediately by a sudden-death period in which the first team to score one or more points shall be declared the winner.
3. Substitutions Free substitution with no gain of an unfair advantage.
4. Jump balls will be handled by alternating possession, to be inbound at the sideline.
5. Fouls There is no foul shooting during the game.
a. Personal fouls on the playing court six personal fouls equals disqualifications.
1) Against a shooter who:
a. Makes the shot count the basket and defense gets possession under the basket.
b. Misses the shot shooter gets possession at mid-court.
2) Against a non-shooter: ball awarded to offended team at nearest sideline.
3) During the last two minutes of the last half of regulation time and during the last minute of overtime, all fouls will be one-and-one only if no points were scored on the foul.
c. Technical foul Two removes a player or coach from the gym. (Automatic two points plus the ball to the offended team at mid-court). Additionally, if a foul is flagrant, the offenders) will be ejected from the game.
6. Protests All protests must be made in writing and presented to the IM office according to IM Protest Rules #36-39 in the IM Handbook.
7. Participation Rules Follow IM handbook rules #24-29.
8. Running shoes and black soled shoes will not be allowed. You must wear basketball or tennis shoes. Wearing only socks or bare feet is also NOT allowed.
9. Sportsmanship Rule IM rule #35 will be strictly enforced.
10. One No Show will put your team on probation. One additional no show or forfeit will remove your team from competition.
11. Additional players may be added to your roster until 3:00 p.m. the day of your scheduled contest.