KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Six Oregon Tech student-athletes in the fall sports of men’s and women’s soccer, men’s and women’s cross country and volleyball have earned the Daktronics-NAIA Scholar Award for their performances on the field of play and in the classroom, the NAIA office announced.
To earn recognition as a NAIA Scholar Athlete, a student must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 and a junior in class standing.
2013 Honorees include:
- Marie Baumann - Accounting (Volleyball); Weston, Ore.
- Kayleigh Whelchel - Pre-pharmacy (Volleyball); Sheridan, Ore.
- Loren Jessen – Renewable Energy (Men’s Soccer); Springfield, Ore.
- Scott Minor – Software Engineering/Computer Systems Engineering (Cross Country); Hyampom, Calif.
- Rhonda Costin – Geomatics (Cross Country); Springfield, Ore.
- Jacqeline Wood – Radiologic Science (Soccer); Mckinleyville, Calif.
- Two-time NAIA Scholar-Athlete