Josie relocated to Klamath Falls from Southern California where she was involved in a wide variety of athletic organizations and service projects. She loves to travel, explore the outdoors, and experience different cultures through food and music. She is excited to share her passion for engagement and connection with the Oregon Tech community to foster Owl Pride.
Lake Hughes, California
Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies & Women’s Studies, California State University, Fullerton
Master of Arts in Communication Studies, California State University, Fullerton
Favorite Place on Campus
My favorite place on campus is the lawn between Boivin and Semon Halls overlooking the fields and the lake.
Why I Enjoy Working in Campus Life
Being engaged with one’s education, in and out of the classroom, is essential to being a successful student and professional. I want to share my enthusiasm for learning with students and support students’ creativity in the events and programs we provide.
"You don’t have to know what you want to be, just learn who you want to become." – Cindy Davis
- Advising and support to Campus Activities Board
- Coordination of New Student Orientation and advising/support to the NSO student committee
- Coordination and implementation of the Leadership Academy
- Coordination and implementation of the Volunteer Owls (Community Service initiative)
- Coordination and implementation of the Summer Fun Series
- Co-lead for Family Weekend planning
- Departmental web page, Qualtrics forms, and Oregon Tech app updates