Next Meeting: TBA. New members always welcome!
For more information, please contact the Integrated Student Health Center at 541.885.1800.
The Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) is a group of students who are interested in health and wellness issues on the Oregon Tech campus. SHAC is a student-run organization that meets once a month with a health center staff advisor to make recommendations on student health services, programs and fees. The members of SHAC serve in the following capacities:
- Act as a liaison between the Student Health Center and the student population
- Assist in formulation and developing new programs to meet student needs
- Promote health education and disease prevention
- Review suggestions from students related to the Student Health Center
Membership to SHAC is open to students of all majors at Oregon Tech. We would like to have a diversity of disciplines around SHAC members. We believe this to be the driving force that will help SHAC in formulating and developing programs and services that are sensitive to the needs of our diverse student population.
How can you become a member? Just print out and complete the attached application. Drop it off at the Integrated Student Health Center located in front of the student village.
What can SHAC do for you?
- Gain valuable experience
- Develop leadership skills
- Have an impact on the services offered at the Student Health Center
- Develop projects to promote health care and wellness
- Educate your peers about health-related issues; and
- Enhances your resume for future employment opportunities.