Please Note: The 2013-2014 Oregon Tech Student Medical plan is no longer mandatory for Domestic students** All Domestic students who take six or more on-campus or on-site credits are eligible to enroll on a Voluntary basis for the 2013-2014 Policy year.
NEW for 2013-2014
Oregon Tech is offering a Comprehensive Student Health Insurance Plan to all students enrolled in six or more on-campus or on-site credits (not including online credit hours) and their dependents.
Below are some basic highlights of what's included in the NEW Voluntary Student Medical Insurance Plan underwritten by UnitedHealthCare:
- Cost: $1,778 for coverage from September 1, 2013 to August 31, 2014 with the ability to enroll by term
- $500,000 Benefit Maximum per Condition for Covered Medical Expenses
- $150 deductible per policy year for Preferred Providers, $300 deductible per policy year for Out of Network Providers
- Prescription Drug covered up to the Benefit Maximum (copays apply)
- Preventative/Wellness Benefits covered up to 100% with no co-pays or deductibles for In-Network providers
- Access to UnitedHealthCare's comprehensive national network of providers close to campus and while at home
- Worldwide coverage and travel assistance while studying abroad or on vacation
Enrollment is Simple and only 2 clicks away!
- Log on to: Gallagher Koster
- Click on 'Student Waive/Enroll' in the upper left hand corner of the screen
- Click on the Green "I want to Enroll-Domestic" button
Voluntary Premium and Enrollment Schedule
| ||Annual ||Fall ||Winter ||Spring ||Summer |
| ||9/1/2013 - 8/31/2014 ||9/1/2013 - 1/5/2014 ||1/6/2014 - 3/30/2014 ||3/31/2014 - 5/22/2014 ||6/23/2014 - 8/31/2014 |
|Deadline ||10/30/2013 ||10/30/2013 ||2/06/2014 ||4/30/2014 ||7/23/2014 |
|Student Only ||$1,778 ||$ 619 ||$ 409 ||$ 409 ||$ 341 |
|Spouse Only ||$4,001 ||$ 1,392 ||$ 921 ||$ 921 ||$ 767 |
|Each Child ||$2,233 ||$ 773 ||$ 512 ||$ 512 ||$ 426 |
Information above is only a summary of benefits.
Need More Information?
Go to Gallagher Koster to review and download a student insurance plan brochure, enroll online or find answers to frequently asked questions. You can also contact Gallagher Koster's Customer Service at
877-347-1578 8:30a.m.-7:00p.m. EST Monday-Friday or by email at OITstudent@gallagherkoster.com.
**Clinical Lab Science, Paramedic Education, Respiratory Care Clinical Rotation Students, International Students, and ALL Externs have a mandatory insurance they must carry for their programs. For additional information, you can also contact Christy Wolford at 541.885.1807.
Using Your Insurance Plan Wisely
As a student at Oregon Tech, you are encouraged to use Geneva Health Centers as your first stop for medical care (unless it is an emergency). Because the student health fee that you pay covers most services, you usually do not have any additional payments. You will be referred to an off-campus provider if necessary for specialized medical care and certain tests.
If you go off-campus for health care services such as the hospital emergency room, urgent care center, or another clinic, show them your insurance card(s). Ask them if they will submit the bill to your health insurance on your behalf. Remember to:
- Go to Geneva Health Center first, if possible.
- If the health center is closed, go to:
- Your local Walk-in / Urgent Care Center
- Your local hospital Emergency Room (EMERGENCY ONLY)