American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
Provide a club for civil engineering majors that bridges the gap between education and the professional world by interaction with professionals and other associated extracurricular activities both on and off campus.
- Meeting Times: Owens 219, Tuesday 2:00pm
- President: Daniel Iwicki
- Advisor: Charles Riley, 541.885.1922
American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
To promote the benefits of continuing education and engineering while embracing diversity, integrity, and change.
- Meeting Times: TBA, Friday
- President: Kynan Nordal
- Advisor: Joshua Millard, 541.885.1987
Association of Energy Engineers (AEE)
In the AEE Club, we provide hands on experience with engineering projects, and go on regular tours to power plants in the local area. We are an avenue to learn and explore science in a supportive atmosphere, and complete community outreach programs.
- Meeting Times: PV202, Tuesday 5:00pm
- President: David Canrell
- Advisor: Feng Shi, 541.885.1257
Association of Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI)
Oregon Tech Unmanned Systems (OTUS) is affiliated with the Association of Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI). As a group, we research and develop unmanned vehicle systems, whether on land, in air, or under water.
The purpose of this organization is to ignite interest on unmanned vehicles, provide warm-hearted environments to learn, practice, and challenge cutting-edge technologies, and further develop innovative unmanned vehicles and robotics technologies so that the members could lead state-of-the-art technologies, compete student competitions, perform research and education while building strong communication with regional companies, non-/profit agencies, governmental bodies directly or indirectly through AUVSI Chapter by participating in the events or activities or providing outreach programs to regional or national communities.
Follow us on Twitter:
- Meeting Times: CO117, Tuesday 2:00pm
- President: Kai Hattan
- Advisor: Dongbin (Don) Lee, 541.885.1762; firstname.lastname@example.org
Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS)
The DMS Club strives to build a relationship between the Sophomore and Junior DMS classes while bettering our local and campus communities. Additionally, we hope to raise awareness about the importance of preventative healthcare and what Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound entails. We also raise funds throughout the year to finance an end-of-year banquet that celebrates the accomplishments of the Junior class, and instructor appreciation, before advancing to externship.
- Meeting Times:
- President: Tanja Coomes
- Advisor: Bobbi Kowash, 541.885.0946
To provide help and support for students in the Echocardiography program and students applying to the program. To plan the end of the year banquet for students to celebrate going on externship.
- Meeting Times: DOW115, Thursday 2:00pm
- President: Zach O'Neill
- Advisor: Barry Canaday, 541.885.1929
Epsilon Eta Sigma
An engineering honor society for upper-division students based on Tau Beta Pi.
- Meeting Times: Mt. McLoughlin, Monday 5:00pm
- President: Gwendoline Jones
- Advisor: Sean St Clair, 541.885.1602
Formula SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers)
Formula SAE® is a student design competition organized by SAE International. The concept behind Formula SAE is that a fictional manufacturing company has contracted a student design team to develop a small Formula-style race car. Our goal is to design, build, test, and race in the annual Formula SAE® competition.
- Meeting Times: PV208, Tuesday 2:00pm
- President: Nathan Endner
- Advisor: Brian Moravec, 541.885.1647
- Meeting Times: OW216, Tuesday 2:00pm
- President: Mosier Locke
- Advisor: Mason Marker, 541.885.1523
Health Sciences Club
The purpose of this organization is to assist members in professional growth as an aspiring healthcare professional with opportunities to gain knowledge and experience in their medical field of interest, community service and volunteering, information and trips to professional schools, professional development, educational assistance while at Oregon Tech, and overall help members in accomplishing their goals.
- Meeting Times: DOW100, Tuesday 2:00pm
- President: Jessica Thiel
- Advisor: Rosalind McClure, 541.885.1525
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Club (IEEE Club)
To further the knowledge and goals of the national IEEE through electronics projects, lectures, and study sessions for any Oregon Tech student interested in learning.
- Meeting Times: PV251, Tuesday 2:00pm
- President: Joseph Galbraith
- Advisor: Eve Klopf, 541-885-1957
Lambda Pi Eta
Lambda Pi Eta is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies (ACHS), whose mission is to build a visibly cohesive community of national and international honor societies, individually and collaboratively exhibiting excellence in scholarship, service, programs, and governance.
- Meeting Times: Mt. Bailey, Friday 5:00pm
- President: Michael Burton
- Advisor: Veronica Koehn, 541.885.1677
Nuclear Medicine Club
To professionally represent and advocate for the nuclear medicine program on campus.
- Meeting Times: Varies
- President: Melissa Craig
- Advisor: Vanessa Bennett, 541.885.1574
Nursing Students without Borders
Nursing Students Without Borders (NSWB) keeps nursing students informed, connected, and participating in global health issues on campus, locally, and globally.
- Meeting Times: DOW 3rd Floor, Time varies
- President: Ashley Holder
- Advisor: Barbara Hunter, 541.885.1372
Oregon Tech Racing Baja
The purpose of OTR Baja is to represent OIT at the annual SAE competition. Baja provides real world experience to a variety of majors including Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, and Business. The Baja club also allows students to work on such skills as mechanics, small group discussion, problem solving, teamwork, leadership, time management, and innovation.
- Meeting Times: Purvine Small Auditorium, Tuesday 2:00pm
- President: Lander Nordal
- Advisor: Brian Moravec, 541.885.1647
Oregon Tech Rocketry and Aerospace
This club is devoted to identifying and growing research and project opportunities in the field of aerospace here at OIT with a particular emphasis on "new space race" projects.
- Meeting Times: Place TBD, Tuesday 6:00pm
- President: David Minar
- Advisor: Sean Sloan, 541.885.0927
The Psi Chi chapter at Oregon Tech is an altruistic group with goals of providing volunteer services to various local agencies and resources and education for ambitious students of Applied Psychology. Chapter membership facilitates interaction amongst students with similar interests and provides the opportunity to develop one-on-one relationships with professors.
- Meeting Times: Sunset/McLouglin, Friday 3:00pm
- President: Marena Nelson
- Advisor: Trevor Petersen, 541-885-0849
The purpose of the psychology club is to help psychology majors become more closely related and to participate in a wide variety of psychology related activities.
- Meeting Times: Mt. McLoughlin, Monday 2:00pm
- President: Kayla Pershall
- Advisor: Trevor Petersen, 541.885.0849
Respiratory Care Program
We provide the community with health screening relating to respiratory care. The club will also provide respiratory health screening on OIT's campus to help current respiratory students get more hands on experience and to help current OIT students evaluate their current health status. The club will also help respiratory students attend professional conferences and seminars to help aid their success in completing the Respiratory Care Bachelor's program.
- Meeting Times: DOW E246, Monday 4:00pm
- President: Sarah Adams
- Advisor: Sarah Woodman, 541-885-1971
Our mission is to support dental hygiene students throughout their educational career and expand the dental hygiene opportunities by establishing a relationship with the community through volunteering and fundraising, expanding opportunities for care, and providing the latest training and information.
- Meeting Times: OW216, Mondays 12:00pm
- President: McKenna Drake
- Advisor: Jeannie Bopp, 541.885.1340
Society of Women Engineers
Provides women engineering students a place to connect with others on an academic and social level. We plan community events promoting engineering and attend beneficial conferences to help build connections and opportunities for future engineering careers.
- Meeting Times: Women's Resource Center, Time TBD
- President: Kami Kutsunai
- Advisor: Irina Demeshko, 541.885.1456
The purpose of the Vascular Club is to educate the students of OIT on the many different aspects of vascular ultrasound technology. We engage in community service events to benefit the Klamath Falls community and organize fundraising events that allow us the opportunity to attend educational conferences on our science.
- Meeting Times: DOW103, Every other Thursday 2:00pm
- President: Micah Blakely
- Advisor: Chris Caster, 541.885.1993
Explore and understand radio. To get individual members there officially licensed for HAM radio. As well as to provide any information about HAM to those who seek it. Member will also participate in asteroid searching.
- Meeting Times: Purvine Main Lobby, Monday 5:00pm
- President: Leonel Almaraz
- Advisor: Eve Klopf, 541.885.1957