Honoring our Veterans
Klamath Community College is a Proud Sponsor of Memorial Day 2013 Veterans Ceremonies which include the Veterans Honorable Service Medal Ceremonies and return of the Field of Honor-Traveling Veterans Memorial which will be open from 5/23/13 – 5/28/13
Any veteran currently serving or previously served (alive or deceased) under honorable conditions is eligible to receive this prestigious award presented on behalf of the citizens in Oregon.
Klamath Community College Campus – Between Building 5 & 6
(7390 South 6th Street, Klamath Falls, OR 97603)
All ceremonies start at 3:00pm (recipient check in begins 1 hour prior)
Friday 5/24/13 and Monday 5/27/13 (Memorial Day)
RSVP: Ron Wright:
971.237.7828 or email@example.com
John Neuman: 503.936.4480 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proof of Honorable service is required. To per-register, supply name, date of birth and the last 4 of veteran’s SSN at least 7 days in advance of the ceremony.
- Veteran must provide one of the following to register;
- Form DD-214 denoting Honorable service in the US Armed Forces
- Valid Military Photo ID Card if on active.
- Valid Photo ID if retired or service connected disabled veteran
- Valid Veterans Administration Medical Photo ID card
- A signed affidavit declaring honorable status acknowledging false information will result in revoking medal and striking from records
Veteran must be present; medals can not be mailed or received by anyone else. If veteran is deceased, family member/next of kin may apply ( death certificate required).
Register ASAP As Space is Limited!
Medal Registration forms are available in the Additional Resources section. To register, simply return completed form and we will be happy to process it for you or drop it off in person at the Memorial at least one day prior to attending the ceremony of your choice.