Free Application for Federal Student Aid
Oregon Tech recommends that all students apply for financial aid. The form is very easy to use and free. Even if you only qualify for a student loan to help fund your education, this is where you start.
Remember, you must file for financial aid annually. The 2017-18 FAFSA will be opening October 1, 2016. Be sure to file as soon as possible. Check out this tutorial for FAFSA help.
FAFSA on the Web: www.fafsa.ed.gov
Make sure you have a FSA ID and Password for yourself and/or parents at www.fsaid.ed.gov
Tips for Filing:
- FAFSA is FREE, don't pay for it.
- Make sure you list Oregon Tech (003211) as a school choice.
- Use estimated information if you and/or your parents have not yet filed your federal taxes in order to make the priority deadline.
- Remember to double check all of your information before submitting to avoid mistakes and delay.
- Remember to electronically sign your FAFSA with your/and your parents FSA ID and Password.
- Make sure you get the confirmation screen with a confirmation number—this should be the last thing you see before you log off.
- Make sure you have a copy of the confirmation number and DRN.
This link from NASFAA has a helpful tip sheet for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) students.