About LAD Scholarships
Oregon Tech awards Leadership and Diversity (LAD) Scholarships each year to students who meet the application criteria. Students must not have a bachelor's degree in order to receive an LAD Scholarship. LAD Scholarship recipients are expected to fulfill ten service hours each term, providing leadership and/or promoting diversity in some way at Oregon Tech or in the community.
LAD Scholarship awards typically range in amount from $500 to $5,000. Scholarships are awarded in April for the following academic year, based on the selection committee's review of applications.
The following criteria are taken into consideration:
- Whether the applicant brings a diverse perspective to the Oregon Tech community.
- The applicant's history of involvement and leadership.
- Whether the applicant is a first-generation college student.
- The applicant's grade point average.
- The applicant's financial need.
- The applicant must not have received a bachelor's degree.
Applicants must be accepted for admissions by the Oregon Tech priority deadline of March 1 for the following Fall term. Students must not have already received a prior Bachelor's Degree. They must also submit the LAD Scholarship Application along with all related scholarship materials as described in the application by April 1.