IOC 2013 Information
2012 Iron Owl Challenge Video
The Oregon Tech Veterans’ Association will host a physical/mental challenge at the Oregon Institute of Technology campus located in Klamath Falls, Oregon.
The events in the challenge will all be military-based from disciplines of the Special Operations communities within the US military. This challenge will test not only your
physical condition and limitations, but it will also test your ability to think and remain calm in stressful environments. Most importantly, it will test your ability to be a TEAM PLAYER.
SACRIFICEThat so many have made contributing in the future of generations to come; giving everything they have in blood, sweat, and tears.
AMERICAN TRADITIONIn those never losing the passion and will to fight for what is pure in their heart; believing in the Red, White, and Blue.
CAMARADERIEThat most will never understand; haven given more to our country and pledging to continue support and stand by each other’s sides.
The Oregon Tech Veterans’ Association would like to honor all of our fallen and wounded warriors by hosting an event that represents the valor, selfless service, and tenacious fortitude that these fallen and wounded warriors have proven to contain. This event specifically symbolizes our Special Operations Community (SOC) by offering the same challenges those individuals have had to face to become the best and sacrifice the most to protect this great nation. In dedication to the members of SOC, OVA would like to challenge the willingness and determination of any team willing to see if they have what it takes to strive for the best.
To participate in this event, it will cost $400 per team.
- The team will consist of four people - mixed gender is encouraged but not required. All accommodations for mixed gender grading per military protocol will be followed (i.e. Physical Fitness Tests per Army and Marine Corps standards).
- There will be one captain per team.
- Every team will be allowed up to two alternates. Alternates will not participate, or will not be allowed to change out with an original team member unless -
- An original team member is injured and can no longer participate;
- An original team member has an emergency and forfeits the spot for the rest of the event;
- Or a team member can no longer perform the required events and forfeits the spot on the team and forfeits the winning prize as well.
The team captain will be notified via email if there are any changes or updates to this event.
The full registration fee needs to be paid within 2 weeks of notification from an Oregon Tech Veteran representative or Iron Owl Challenge staff member that confirms team placement in the challenge. Please make checks payable to: Oregon Tech Veteran's Association