Veteran Students Information
We are here to assist you in transitioning from military life to student life. Should you have any questions please feel free to contact our VA certifying official, Susan Richards for Klamath Falls or Anne Malinowski for Willsonville (see contact information at the bottom of this page).
- Review the VA website and determine which educational benefits (programs/chapter) you will apply for.
- Get admitted to Oregon Tech. Note: you may only receive VA benefits for two terms without being fully-admitted to Oregon Tech i.e. a non-admit student.
- Complete the online application or download an application and bring your completed form to the Oregon Tech Registrar's Office.
- Complete the rights and responsibilities form.
- Chapter 30, 1606 and 1607 students must verify enrollment monthly by Web Automated Verification of Enrollment, WAVE. This generates your VA monies.
- Contact Susan at the beginning of each academic year to be re-certified for VA benefits.
- Notify Susan of any changes to your major or class schedule (adds, drops, withdrawal etc.).
Note: Check your Oregon Tech email regularly as this is our official means of communication. Remember-VA will only pay for courses that apply to your Oregon Tech program!