Please Note: The 2012-2013 Oregon Tech Student Medical plan is no longer mandatory for Domestic students** All students who take six or more on-campus or on-site credits are eligible to enroll on a Voluntary basis for the 2012-2013 Policy year.*
NEW for 2012-2013
Oregon Tech is offering a Comprehensive Student Health Insurance Plan to all students enrolled in six or more on-campus or on-site credits (not including online credit hours) and their dependents.
Below are some basic highlights of what's included in the NEW Voluntary Student Medical Insurance Plan underwritten by UnitedHealthCare:
- Cost: $1,546 for coverage from September 1, 2012 to August 31, 2013 with the ability to enroll by term
- $100,000 Benefit Maximum per Condition for Covered Medical Expenses
- $150 deductible per policy year for Preferred Providers, $300 deductible per policy year for Out of Network Providers
- Prescription Drug covered up to the Benefit Maximum (copays apply)
- Preventative/Wellness Benefits covered up to 100% with no co-pays or deductibles for In-Network providers
- Access to UnitedHealthCare's comprehensive national network of providers close to campus and while at home
- Worldwide coverage and travel assistance while studying abroad or on vacation
ENROLLMENT IS SIMPLE AND ONLY 2 CLICKS AWAY!
- Log on to: Gallagher Koster
- Click on 'Student Waive/Enroll' in the upper left hand corner of the screen
- Click on the Green "I want to Enroll-Domestic" button
Voluntary Premium and Enrollment Schedule
|Annual ||Fall ||Winter ||Spring ||Summer |
|Deadline ||10/12/2012 ||10/12/2012 ||1/18/2013 ||4/12/2013 ||7/12/2013 |
|Student Only ||$1,546 ||$ 528 ||$ 359 ||$ 355 ||$ 304 |
|Spouse Only ||$3,479 ||$ 1,188 ||$ 808 ||$ 798 ||$ 684 |
|Each Child ||$1,933 ||$ 660 ||$ 449 ||$ 444 ||$ 380 |
Information above is only a summary of benefits.
Need More Information?
Go to Gallagher Koster to review and download a student insurance plan brochure, enroll online or find answers to frequently asked questions. You can also contact Gallagher Koster's Customer Service at 800.466.7103 8:30a.m.-7:00p.m. EST Momday-Friday or by email at OITstudent@gallagherkoster.com.
**Clinical Lab Science, Paramedic Education, Respiratory Care Clinical Rotation Students, International Students, and ALL Externs have a mandatory insurance they must carry for their programs. For additional information, you can also contact Cindy Childers at 541.885.1807.
*Students who have a total of six credits, with at least three being on-campus or on-site credits, have the option to purchase the student health insurance. For more information, please call 541.885.1807.