The general dates for advance registration can be found on the Academic Calendar. To determine your registration appointment time (the earliest possible time you can register), login to Web for Student (see instructions below) and click on Student Registration/Check Your Registration Information. Note: you must be fully admitted or in a "non-admit" status with Oregon Tech to do this. For more information contact Distance Ed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before you register, determine the course(s) you would like to take and note the CRN (the five-digit Course Reference Number for the course). Please see Tools for Registration Planning or Online Course Information for more detailed information on selecting your course(s).
Login to Web for Student
Web for Student, also know as WebREG, is Oregon Tech's online registration and student information system. As noted above, you must be either admitted or in a "non-admit" status to use this system. To log in to this system, enter your Student ID and your Student PIN. For more information, contact email@example.com.
First-time Login Instructions
If you are logging in for the first time, your Student PIN is your date of birth in MM/DD/YY order. Web for Student will prompt you to change your temporary Student PIN from your date of birth to a more secure PIN. Please follow the instructions on the login screens, which are also noted below.
- Your new Student PIN must be six characters long and contain at least one number. Do not use your date of birth again. Make a note of your Student PIN for future access.
- Next, you will be presented with a Security Question setup screen. This feature is an emergency login tool when you have forgotten your Student PIN. It is not intended to be a hint for your Student PIN, so don't use your PIN as part of the question or answer. Create a security question and answer that you can easily remember, while it would be difficult for others to guess, such as "What is my mother's maiden name (last only)?"
Student Registration Menu
After you have logged in, click on the Student Registration menu and note the following items:
- Click on Check Your Registration Information to check your registration dates/times and to see if you have any holds that might prevent your registration.
- Click on Distance Education Classes to see a comprehensive list of online courses.
- Click on Register, Add or Drop to begin registering.
Enter your Advisor PIN next, according to your status below:
- Use degree for all terms if you are a fully-admitted degree completion student in Dental Hygiene, Echocardiography, Radiologic Science, Respiratory Care, or Vascular Technology.
- Use nadmit for all terms if you are in a non-admit status with Oregon Tech. If you are unsure whether this is your status, you can look this up in Check Your Registration Information.
- Contact your advisor for an Advisor PIN if you are in any other fully admitted status with Oregon Tech, including the Information Technology Online program. Your advisor will discuss your course selection(s) and give you your Advisor PIN.
After updating your contact information, enter the CRN for your course(s) and submit your entry. If you have any difficulty with registering you can get help from firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
View your Bill
To see your bill, back out of the Student Registration Menu and then click on Student Records/Account Summary by Term. Once you have registered, you become fully responsible for the tuition and fees for the course. For more information on tuition and fees, payment deadlines, and refund policies, please see Financial Matters under the Distance Ed web site.
In general, each online course requires a book and in some cases extra class materials. Books and materials may be ordered online from the The Tech Nest (our bookstore), or by calling 541-885-1058. Book listings for the next term are usually available three weeks before the term starts.
If you need help with registration, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Staff are available to assist you during Oregon Tech's regular business hours.