- Fully Online three term course sequence.
- Receive 12 credits upon successful
completion of all courses.
- Sequence meets requirements of many programs in allied health fields.
- Oregon Institute of Technology is a
Regionally Accredited university.
Note: It is the student’s responsibility to verify transferability to the institution and program of their interest.
In-depth Study of Human Anatomy and Physiology
This course sequence consists of three, 4-credit courses (total of 12 credits). Each course is offered every term and should be taken in order. Each course has lecture and laboratory components.
- Lectures focus on physiology and rely on lecture videos, exercises and assigned reading.
- Labs focus on anatomy studied from a 3D interactive anatomy program available online, images, drawings and lab videos introducing the anatomical parts of the system covered in the given week.
Weekly quizzes and tests reinforce learning and test student’s knowledge in both lecture and labs. A Proctor is required for examinations.
Online Anatomy and Physiology Course Descriptions
Online Anatomy and Physiology Course Content
This course includes the basic introductory cytology and histology related to human anatomy and physiology and covers all of the body systems including: Integumentary System, Skeletal System, Muscular System, Endocrine System, Nervous System, Cardiovascular System, Immune System, Digestive System, Respiratory System, Renal System, and Reproductive System. Acid-base balance, metabolism, human genetics and development are also studied.
There are no prerequisites, but some background in biology and chemistry is very helpful.
Human Anatomy and Physiology by Elaine Marieb and Katja Hoehn.
Please check the Oregon Tech Bookstore for the correct edition as well as other supplemental materials.
Course Syllabi and Proctor Information
Unable to view files? Click on the icon(s) below to download the free viewer for that type.