Refund Policies and Deadlines
Distance Ed follows the Oregon Tech campus refund policy and deadlines for dropping/withdrawing from courses as listed below. To avoid late fees, payment must be made before the end of the second week of classes.
Once you are registered in courses, you are fully responsible for the tuition and fees. To receive a 100% refund, you must drop your courses before the fifth calendar day of the term (Friday) at 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time. You may drop your courses by using Web for Student, faxing a signed request to Distance Ed at (541) 885-1139, or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org using your Oregon Tech email account.
If you drop your courses after the fifth day of the term, your partial refund will be calculated according to the refund schedule listed below. Please note that the summer term refund schedule is the same as below for eight week classes, but four week classes have a different schedule. For further information about summer term refunds, please call the Business Office at 541-885-1203.
The Oregon Tech refund schedule is listed below. Appeals regarding refunds for Distance Ed courses should be made to Barb DeKalb, Director of Distance Ed at (541) 885-1142. Requests received after 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time on Friday will be processed at the refund level of the following week.
- Before the close of the fifth calendar day (1st Friday) of the term, refund is 100%. No charge for classes.
- Before the close of the 12th calendar day (2nd Friday) of the term, refund is 85% (15% charge for classes)
- Before the close of the 19th calendar day (3rd Friday) of the term, refund is 50% (50% charge for classes)
- Before the close of the 26th calendar day (4th Friday) of the term, refund is 25% (75% charge for classes)
- After the close (5:00 p.m. Pacific Time) of the 26th calendar day of the term, charge for classes will be 100%. No refund is given.
This schedule starts the day classes begin for the term. For complete or partial withdrawal, refunds are calculated on a percentage basis.
Summer Refund Deadlines
The Oregon Tech refund schedule for summer term eight week long classes is the same as listed above.
If you are enrolled in a four week summer session, please call the Business office at 541-885-1203 to find out the refund dates for that session. If you are enrolled in a MATH 97 class during the summer, please call the Distance Education office at 541-885-1175 for refund deadlines. The refund dates are different for this math class.