Dear Alumni, Students and Friends,
The new school year has started and we have many new and exciting things in the works or planned. A few examples include:
- Oregon Tech opened its new consolidated urban campus in Wilsonville, Oregon this fall.
- We admitted our first cohort of MS in Renewable Energy Engineering students at our Wilsonville campus.
- We expect to admit our first cohort of MS in Civil Engineering students at our Klamath Falls campus in fall 2013.
- We received approval for and expect to start offering the Geomatics program in Wilsonville winter 2013.
- We expect to get our students involved at many stages during construction and after the startup of our second geothermal power plant in Klamath Falls. This power plant will also be a learning laboratory for our students.
- I have taken over as Director of the Oregon Renewable Energy Center in addition to my duties as Dean of the College of Engineering Technology and Management. Some of our plans to convert this Center into a Center of Excellence are covered in this issue. I want to thank Lita Colligan, Associate Vice President for Strategic Partnerships, for all of her help on this.
We have many other new and exciting things planned but I will wait until future issues to discuss them. Please read the articles in this issue to learn more about the interesting projects with which our students and faculty are involved.
Charlie Jones, Ph.D.
Dean, College of Engineering, Technology, and Management
Oregon Institute of Technology