Withdrawal and Tuition/Fee Credits
If you must withdraw from a class or classes, you may be eligible for a credit, but specific rules apply:
- You must withdraw during the refund period established by the Oregon Tech (see the schedule below).
- You must withdraw with the Registrar's Office in person or through Web for Student.
- Your withdrawal date is the date the Registrar's Office receives your official notification; you are liable for tuition and fees for the class or classes until that date. Any monetary credit to your account that results from your withdrawal is calculated based on the date of receipt of the withdrawal, not from the date you stopped attending class or classes.
- Any tuition and/or fee credit must be applied to any debts owed to Oregon Tech or Financial Aid programs. The application of refunds to Financial Aid programs is a complex process governed by federal law. Contact Karissa Guthrie at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 541.885.1240 for further information on Financial Aid you may owe back.
Caution: If you withdraw completely from Oregon Tech and your Financial Aid has already disbursed to your student account and has been refunded to you through BankMobile, you may be required to repay some or all of that aid. If you fail to formally withdraw from Oregon Tech by notifying the Registrar's Office in person or through Web for Student, you may be required to repay some or all of your aid. If you are considering a complete withdrawal, it is critical that you discuss the implications of complete withdrawal with the Financial Aid Accountant (Karissa Guthrie) before you do so.
- After the refund period, you are responsible for 100% of tuition and fees (see schedules for details).
- No credits are issued for dropped credits taken at the staff rates.
- Refunds for dropped courses are not processed through BankMobile until after the fourth week of the term, and are not processed during the term until after the credit has been applied to any remaining account charges or amounts due back to Financial Aid programs. This procedure may take up to six (6) weeks after partial or complete withdrawal.
Students who feel their special circumstances warrant consideration may appeal the procedures defined above by filing an appeal. You must submit Tuition and Fee Refund Appeal Form (see link at the bottom of this page) or you can send in an appeal in writing to the Cashier's Office by email at email@example.com or mail to: Business Affairs Office
3201 Campus Drive
Klamath Falls, OR 97601
A student's circumstances must be extraordinary in order for the appeal to be considered.
All students need to login BankMobile (ACH Transfer to another bank, paper check, or BankMobile Vibe checking account) in order to prevent delays in receiving their refunds. Take a few minutes today to make sure your refund preference has been selected.
If you have not already received or do not know where your BankMobile Vibe℠ contact the Cashier's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 541.885.1202 today!