Policies and Procedures for Hosting Groups/Guests
To Learn More About Oregon University System's Policies and Procedures:
- Navigate to http://www.ous.edu/state_board/polipro/
- From Policies and Procedures click on Fiscal Policy Manual.
- Page down to the PROCUREMENT & CONTRACTING section, and click on Purchasing and Accounts Payable.
- On the OUS Financial Administration Standard Operating Manual (FASOM) page, arrow down to Entertainment and Hosting Expenses and Groups and Guest - Refreshment, Meals, Transporation, and Hosting Non-Employees.
Procurement Cards and Hosting Groups/Guests
Procurement cards may be used for hosting as follows:
- When hosting groups on-campus the procurement card may be used to pay for the event except for any alcohol or tips. A hosting form must be attached to the monthly procurement card reconciliation and all hosting provisions adhered to in terms of meeting agenda, timing and business/university purpose.
Procurement cards may not be used for hosting as follows:
- When hosting individuals or groups off-campus payment must be made with personal funds and then a reimbursement request must be submitted with all required documentation and hosting forms. For larger events direct payment to the vendor is the preferred method of payment.
- As an absolute rule the procurement card may not be used to purchase alcohol or provide tips of any nature.