Policies and Procedures for Hosting Groups/Guests
To Learn More about Oregon University System's Policies and Procedures:
- Press http://www.ous.edu/state_board/polipro/
- From Policies and Proceduress click on Fiscal Policy Manual.
- Page down to PROCUREMENT section and click on Purchasing and Accounts Payable.
- On the OUS Financial Administration Standard Operating Manual (FASOM) page, arrow down to Enterainment and Hosting Expenses and Groups and Guest - Refreshements, Meals Transportation, and Hosting Non-Employees.
Procurement Cards and Hosting Groups/Guests
Procurement cards may be used for hosting as follows:
- When hosting groups on-campus the procurement card may be used to pay for the event except for any alcohol or tips. A hosting form must be attached to the monthly procurement card reconciliation and all hosting provisions adhered to in terms of meeting agenda, timing and business/university purpose.
Procurement cards may not be used for hosting as follows:
- When hosting individuals or groups off-campus payment must be made with personal funds and then submitted for reimbursement with all required documentation and hosting forms. For larger events direct payment to the vendor is the preferred method of payment.
- As an absolute rule the procurement card may not be used to purchase alcohol or to provide tips of any nature.