Although bicycles are exempt from Oregon Tech parking permits, it is recommended that they are licensed through the city of Klamath Falls. Licensing a bicycle would aid in identifying the owner if a bicycle were to be recovered by any law enforcement agency. The appropriate registration forms must be completed before an adhesive bicycle ID tag is issued. For more information about registering a bicycle with the city of Klamath Falls, please contact the Klamath Falls police department at (541) 883-5336. When on campus, bicycles are to be parked in the appropriate bicycle stands and racks located around the campus grounds and buildings. At no time is a bicycle to be parked, ridden or walked inside of an Oregon Tech building.
- Application for a student temporary disabled permit must be submitted to the Student Health Center. After approval, the Student Health Center will issue a temporary disabled permit. Employee temporary disabled parking permits will be issued by the Cashier’s Office.
- Persons displaying either a state handicapped placard or an Oregon Tech temporary handicapped permit are authorized for open parking on campus in addition to parking in designated handicapped spaces.
- Persons displaying either a state or ADA placard or an Oregon Tech Integrated Student Health Center-issued temporary disabled permit are authorized to park in any valid parking space on campus in addition to parking in designated ADA spaces with an accompanying valid Oregon Tech parking permit.
Temporary Visitor and Special Guest Permits
Temporary visitor, special guest and faculty/staff/student permits are issued on a limited basis to individuals each term. These permits are issued at no charge as long as certain criteria for issuance and usage are met. Contact Parking Services at (541) 885-1551 for further clarification. Vehicles displaying temporary parking permits must park in the area designated by that permit. Temporary permits are official documents and may not be modified or altered in any way.
Service Vendor Permits
These permits are issued to contractors, media personnel, and vendors working on campus. These special permits are issued by Facilities Services or Campus Safety.
A replacement permit may be purchased for a substitute vehicle when the original vehicle is sold, damaged beyond repair, or when the permit is lost or damaged. In the event a permit is stolen, a stolen permit report must be filed with Campus Safety before a replacement permit can be issued. Replacement permits (adhesive permits) are no longer available. A straight replacement fee of $10.00 will replace a hanging or motorcycle strip permit.
Refunds on parking permits will only be made if a parking permit is removed from the vehicle and returned to the cashier within ten days of purchase. No other refunds will be given.
- There is a new and easier way to purchase your Oregon Tech parking permits! On-line vehicle registration and purchase is now available. Just log into MyOIT Click on ‘Web for Faculty/Employee’ or ‘Web for Student’ and you will see a new entry for ‘Purchase Parking Permit’. Once you click on that heading, you will fill in a series of prompts to purchase your latest permit. You can even select a Payroll Deduction as prompted if you are a faculty or staff member! The permit will be charged to your account unless you choose to pay for your permit through CASHNet by following the prompts for payment. After completing the registration information on-line, your permit will be available to pick up at the Cashier’s window in Snell Hall. Permits will be available for pickup at the Cashier’s office the business day following purchase on line. Permits not picked up by faculty or staff members the morning after the permit is filled will be sent to your listed mailstop.
- For further Parking information please visit www.oit.edu/faculty-staff/campus-safety