Oregon Institute of Technology, the only polytechnic university in the Pacific Northwest, invites applications and nominations for the position of Dean of the College of Health, Arts and Sciences (HAS). The HAS Dean is a member of the Provost’s leadership team and is responsible for providing college wide leadership. Candidates should show a strong commitment to:
- Shared governance
- Traditional and online learning
- Multi-campus university governance
- Academic excellence
- Student success
- Strategic planning
- Budgeting and fiscal management
- Program development and implementation
- Faculty recruitment and professional development
Oregon Tech is one of Oregon’s public universities and offers degree programs in engineering, engineering technologies, health technologies, management, and the arts and sciences. It prides itself on delivering a high quality, hands-on educational experience.
- Master’s degree required, doctorate preferred
- Minimum of five years of academic leadership at the Department Chair/Head rank or above
- Ability to work with faculty, senior leadership, and administrators and staff to promote student success
Applicants are expected to demonstrate a commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
Offer of employment will be contingent upon ability to successfully complete a criminal history/background check.
Review of applications will begin March 30, 2014 and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply; submit a cover letter addressing the required qualifications, resume, a statement of management philosophy (not to exceed three pages) and names, email addresses, and phone numbers of at least three professional references by email to email@example.com, job #14-33011. Application material may also be mailed to the Oregon Tech Office of Human Resources, 3201 Campus Drive, Klamath Falls, OR 97601 or faxed to (541) 851-5200.
For further information, contact the search chair, Matt Schnackenberg, at (541) 885-1448 or firstname.lastname@example.org.