Starting Salary Range: $1,988 - $2,197 monthly
Requisition No: 15-11003
Classification Code: C4101
Application Deadline: August 22, 2014
Oregon Institute of Technology is seeking two (2) custodians for Facilities Services. Both of the positions are full-time, twelve-month positions with benefits. Work schedule is Monday through Friday from 4:00 p.m. to midnight. May be required to work a flexible work schedule and work in inclement weather.
The purpose of this position is to maintain clean and orderly facilities for students, faculty, staff and visitors. Duties include but are not limited to emptying trash receptacles, scrubbing & sanitizing restrooms, vacuuming, spot cleaning carpets, and cleaning the interior/exterior of buildings. Candidates should be self-directed, detail & customer oriented, and able to follow both written & verbal instructions.
- Knowledge of standard custodial practices and the proper use of cleaning products.
- Ability to carry/lift 60 pounds, walk/stand for extended periods of time, and climb ladders.
- Valid Oregon Driver’s License is required.
Applicants are expected to demonstrate a commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
The deadline for applications is August 22, 2014 by 5:00 p.m. To apply, complete an Oregon Tech application and custodian skill code sheet online at www.oit.edu/jobapp for job #15-11003. Application material is also available at the Oregon Tech Office of Human Resources, 3201 Campus Drive, Klamath Falls, OR 97601. For more information, call (541) 885-1120.
- Offer of employment will be contingent upon ability to successfully complete a criminal history/background check.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens, permanent residents, foreign nationals granted temporary residence under one of the 1986 legalization programs, refugees, and asylees.