Starting Salary Range: $2,280 - $2,548
Requisition No: 15-11007
Classification Code: C0104
Application Deadline: August 29, 2014
Oregon Institute of Technology seeks an Office Specialist 2 for the College of Engineering and Management. This is a full-time, 12-month position with benefits. This position is located on the Wilsonville Campus. The work schedule for this position is predominantly 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., but may require working flexible hours on occasion.
This position performs a wide variety of secretarial, clerical, and general office tasks, utilizing computer software to meet the word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, and database needs of the instructional faculty and department chairs, typically within an assigned department, but may also be reassigned to other departments as the need for coverage arises. A general knowledge of agency operations as well as working policies and procedures used in the instructional area is required; specific knowledge related to FIS (OIT's Financial Information System) and SIS (OIT's Student Information System) is also preferred.
- Two years of general clerical experience, one year of which included typing, word processing, or other experience generating documents; OR An Associate’s degree in Office Occupations or Office Technology; OR graduation from a private school of business with a Certificate in Office Occupations or Office Technology and one year of general clerical experience. (College courses in Office Occupations or Office Technology will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven customer service experience.
Applicants are expected to demonstrate a commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
A skills test may be administered as part of the interview process.
Application deadline is August 29, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. To apply, complete an Oregon Tech application and support services skill code sheet online at www.oit.edu/jobapp for job #15-11007. For more information, call (541) 885-1120.
- Offer of employment will be contingent upon ability to successfully complete a criminal history/background check.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens, permanent residents, foreign nationals granted temporary residence under one of the 1986 legalization programs, refugees, and asylees.