Office Coordinator - Admissions
Oregon Institute of Technology invites applications for an Office Coordinator that will be based in Klamath Falls, Oregon. This position is a 12-month, full-time position, with benefits. Starting salary range is $34,605 - $39,796.
This position serves as a member of the Admissions Leadership Team; helping guide daily operations and decision making. The Office Coordinator reports to the Director of Admissions, assists with tracking the Admissions Office budget, supervises student workers, and provides other administrative support. This position interprets international admissions policy, supporting the Assistant Director of Admissions for Recruitment, processes international admission applications, assists with the processing of graduate admission applications, and is directly involved in supporting employee searches and evaluations. The employee must exercise strong interpersonal communication skills, diplomacy, and good judgment in responding to prospective students and their families, staff and faculty. The person must also maintain a good working knowledge of international admission policy and procedures; including those of the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, or relevant field with three (3) years experience in college admissions systems (or related field) OR five (5) years experience in higher education office management, utilizing complex systems and databases and supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and organizational skills
- Presentation and public speaking skills
- Ability to leverage technology and student information systems in the performance of the position
- Demonstrable ability to work with a diverse team and within diverse communities to reach organizational/group goals while concurrently being able to work independently on daily assignments, tasks and objectives that support the larger goals
Applicants are expected to demonstrate a commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
- Five years experience in higher education office management
- Banner Experience
- CRM Experience
- Bilingual in Spanish
Review of applications will begin August 8, 2014, and will continue until filled. To apply, submit a cover letter, resume and a list of at least three professional references (include email addresses and phone numbers) by email to email@example.com, job #15-33001. Application material may also be mailed to the Office of Human Resources, 3201 Campus Drive, Klamath Falls, OR 97601 or faxed to (541) 851-5200.
For a complete position description, visit www.oit.edu/jobs. For further information, contact the Director of Admissions, Carl Thomas at 541-885-1151 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Offer of employment will be contingent upon ability to successfully complete a criminal history/background check.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens, permanent residents, foreign nationals granted temporary residence under one of the 1986 legalization programs, refugees, and asylees.
OIT is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/ADA employer