Oregon Institute of Technology (Oregon Tech) invites applications for an Admissions Counselor position that will be based at Oregon Tech Klamath Falls. This is a 12-month, full-time position, with benefits. The starting salary range is from $28,287 to $36,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
This Admissions Counselor position is one of two Oregon Tech Admissions Counselors based in Klamath Falls to support recruitment efforts for all Oregon Tech campuses, sites, and course delivery options via in-state and out-of-state recruitment. The position calls for an individual experienced in university recruiting or relevant experiences. The Admissions Counselor will travel extensively throughout Oregon and to out-of-state recruitment territories. Additionally, the position will be actively involved in transfer and freshman recruitment. This role requires flexibility and willingness to work non-standard hours and weekends in an office environment.
- Bachelor’s degree with one to three years relevant experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and organizational skills
- Presentation and public speaking skills
- Ability to drive long distances, stand for extended periods of time, and lift 50 pounds
- Ability to leverage technology and student information systems in the performance of the position
- Demonstrable ability to work with a team to reach organizational/group goals while concurrently being able to work independently on daily assignments, tasks and objectives that support the larger goals.
Applicants are expected to demonstrate a commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
- One to three years relevant experience on a four-year university campus, specifically with undergraduate recruitment activities.
Review of applications will begin October 15, 2014 and will continue until the position is filled. To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and names of three professional references (include email addresses, and phone numbers) by email to email@example.com, job #15-33002. Application material may also be mailed to the Oregon Tech Office of Human Resources, 3201 Campus Drive, Klamath Falls, OR 97601 or faxed to (541) 851-5200.
For a complete position description, visit www.oit.edu/jobs. For further information, contact the Assistant Director of Admissions, Lindsey Davis at 541-851-5214 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Offer of employment will be contingent upon ability to successfully complete a criminal history/background check.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens, permanent residents, foreign nationals granted temporary residence under one of the 1986 legalization programs, refugees, and asylees.
OIT is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/ADA employer