Online Faculty Support Specialist
Oregon Institute of Technology seeks an Online Faculty Support Specialist in the Online Learning Department on its Klamath Falls campus. This is a full-time, twelve-month position with benefits. The salary range for this position is $46,117 - $63,642 depending on qualifications and experience.
This is a professional position under the supervision of the Director of Online Learning. The person hired will be responsible for providing pedagogical and technical training for faculty who deliver online and blended courses, managing online course shells and technical processes, implementing and overseeing course standards for online and blended courses, managing course review and evaluation processes, managing software upgrades, writing technical and instructional documents for online courses and faculty, providing trouble-shooting services for faculty, keeping up to date with current research and breakthroughs in the field of online education, and assisting with other department projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with teaching and/or designing online courses, Blackboard experience highly desirable
- Experience in technical writing
- Experience in training faculty/others
- Experience with evaluation/assessment processes
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Appropriate experience with information technology processes and software programs
Applicants are expected to demonstrate a commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
- Master’s degree
- Experience teaching online at the college level
Review of applications will begin August 8, 2014 and continue until filled. To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, names, email addresses and phone numbers of three professional references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, job # 15-33003. Application material may also be mailed to the Oregon Tech Office of Human Resources, 3201 Campus Drive, Klamath Falls, OR 97601, or faxed to (541) 851-5200.
For a complete position description, visit www.oit.edu/jobs. For further information, contact the search chair, Carmen Morgan, at (541) 885-1502 or email@example.com.
- Offer of employment will be contingent upon ability to successfully complete a criminal history/background check.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens, permanent residents, foreign nationals granted temporary residence under one of the 1986 legalization programs, refugees, and asylees.
OIT is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/ADA employer