Athletic Program Operations Coordinator
Oregon Tech is seeking applicants for an Athletic Program Operations Coordinator position. This is a 12-month, full-time position located in the Klamath Falls, Oregon campus. Oregon Tech offers competitive salaries with excellent benefits including comprehensive healthcare, a generous retirement package, and significant tuition discounts at the seven public universities in Oregon. The starting salary will depend upon experience and qualifications.
The Athletic Program Operations Coordinator independently coordinates day to day operations of the Athletic department and associated programs which includes preparing financial reports; setting goals; initiating travel; managing accounts payable and accounts receivable; preparing expenditures; coordinating and administering various aspects of ticket sales operation; promoting events; coordinating providing leadership for student employees and volunteers; and establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with the community and alumni.
The Athletic Program Operations Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Athletic Director with formulating the annual operating budgets. monitoring and managing operating budgets to assure the most efficient and effective use of university resources, and preparing and maintaining an accurate accounting of sources and uses of funding. The Coordinator is also responsible for facilitating the success of events hosted by Athletics, coordinating the planning of events, receptions, workshops, and conferences for athletic events, coordinating the day-to-day campus ticket sales operations by creating seating charts and data bases for events, and maintaining customer data bases, and establishing, building, and maintaining effective working relationships with members of and leaders within the community. For specific information on the tasks and duties of the position, download the position description here.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Management, or related field.
- Three (3) years of managing administrative and financial support experience. Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Ability to use at a high level of competency e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and electronic calendar software applications.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to foster and maintain harmonious working relations.
- Flexibility of schedule and willingness to work select evenings and/or weekends.
- Demonstrated skill working successfully with diverse constituents and organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and tact, and discernment with regards to maintaining confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities with varying deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative while contributing to a team environment.
Initial review of applications will begin on September 22, 2017. Therefore, at the discretion of Oregon Tech, materials received after September 22, 2017 may not receive full consideration.
To apply, submit (1) a cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) the contact information for at least three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to reference the position number (#18-33004) in the subject line of the email. Application materials also may be mailed to Oregon Tech Office of Human Resources, 3201 Campus Drive, Klamath Falls, OR 97601 or faxed to (541) 851-5200.
For further information, contact Paul Poetsch, Search Chair, at email@example.com or visit Oregon Tech’s website at www.oit.edu.
- Offer of employment will be contingent upon ability to successfully complete a criminal history/background check.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Oregon Tech’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive university requires that no person experience discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression or any other protected personal characteristic. We particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial and ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who actively demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion.