The Health Care Management – Administration Option degree fully prepares students to assume managerial/supervisory positions in any health care clinic, hospital department, or health care related management position.
Health Care Management – Administration Option provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to competently manage a health care facility.
- Maintain a degree completion curriculum with emphasis on management of medical imaging services.
- Provide a B.S. degree in Radiologic Science with core courses directly applicable to the technologist-student seeking advancement or a leadership role in the profession.
- Further the distance student’s knowledge for providing effective healthcare in the clinical setting.
- Address quality of healthcare issues through the continued learning of working professionals.
The program incorporates courses from Oregon Tech that are time tested and central to the best practices in management. This education will further the knowledge and attitudes of those who aspire to lead and shape the future of healthcare through efficient and effective administration at middle management levels.
Expected Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, Health Care Management – Administration Option graduates will be able to:
- Explain the major concepts in the functional areas of accounting, marketing, finance, and management.
- Evaluate the legal, social, and economic environments of business.
- Describe the global environment of business.
- Describe and explain the ethical obligations and responsibilities of business.
- Apply decision-support tools to business decision making.
- Construct and present effective oral and written forms of professional communication.
- Apply knowledge of business concepts and functions in an integrated manner.
- Use management processes in an applied organization or business situation.
- Explain the unique interplay of cost, quality, and access in healthcare.
The curriculum map for Health Care Management can be found on the program's web page on the Oregon Tech website.
Summary of Student Learning Outcomes
During the 2014-15 academic year, the program faculty formally assessed the student learning outcomes summarized in the attached annual report. Additional details can be found in department assessment records.