The Information Technology-Business/Systems Analysis Option, a Bachelor of Science program, provides students with the technology foundation necessary to enable them to plan and analyze business information systems in information technologies in a business management setting.
- The Information Technology-Business/Systems Analysis Option degree program prepares students to apply critical thinking skills to the ever changing Information Technology industry.
- The Information Technology-Business/Systems Analysis Option degree program prepares students to succeed in broad industry applications such as mid-level managers or as IT professionals.
Expected Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, Information Technology-Business/Systems Analysis Option graduates will be able to:
- Explain the major concepts in the functional areas of accounting, marketing, finance, and management
- Evaluate the legal, social, and economic environments of business
- Describe the global environment of business
- Describe and explain the ethical obligations and responsibilities of business.
- Apply decision-support tools to business decision making
- Construct and present effective oral and written forms of professional communication
- Apply knowledge of business concepts and functions in an integrated manner
- Use specialized knowledge to solve business problems
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze, design, implement, and support Relational Database Management Systems (RDMS).
- Analyze business needs with the view to design and implement data networks.
- Perform the general planning and analysis of business systems that will support the development of modern business information systems (IS).
- Develop fundamental programming skills and apply those skills to solving business information system problems.
The curriculum map for the IT-Business/Systems Analysis program can be found on the program's web page on the Oregon Tech website.
Summary of Student Learning Outcomes
During the 2014-15 academic year, the program faculty assessed the student learning outcomes summarized in the attached annual report. Additional details can be found in department assessment records.