The Management-Marketing Option, a Bachelor of Science program, is a challenging, applicable degree program that integrates management concepts in a technical and innovative setting as required by today's dynamic business environment. The program develops graduates with relevant skills preparing students for entry into management careers in business, government, public, or social service organizations. Industry-trained faculty translates theory to practice; advising students through the diversity of the curriculum, project-based learning, and internships. The degree serves those students that seek a personal, hands-on learning experience and the needs of the businesses that employ them.
Expected Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, Management-Marketing Option graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the functional areas of accounting, marketing, finance, management, and economics.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the legal and social environment of business.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the global environment of business.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ethical obligations and responsibilities of business.
- Demonstrate the ability to use business tools.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge of business concepts and functions in an integrated manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively in teams and/or groups.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage people, processes, and resources within a diverse organization.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge of key leadership concepts in an integrated manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge of key marketing concepts in an integrated manner.
- Demonstrate an ability to analyze marketing decisions in a dynamic business environment.
The curriculum map for the Marketing program can be found on the program's web page on the Oregon Tech web site.
Summary of Student Learning Outcomes
During the 2011-12 academic year, the program faculty assessed the student learning outcome summarized in the attached annual report. Additional details can be found in department assessment records.