The mission of the Manufacturing Engineering Technology Master of Science Degree program is to produce engineering graduates with an advanced technical education that allows them to take on leadership roles in globally competitive manufacturing industries.
The educational objectives of the program are to:
Expected Student Learning Outcomes
The graduates of the Master of Science Degree program in Manufacturing Engineering Technology must demonstrate:
- The ability to solve engineering problems using science and design technology.
- The ability to integrate current computer tools for use in solving manufacturing problems.
- The ability to use advanced manufacturing methods and materials to improve current manufacturing processes using a variety of tools, such as: product life cycle management, quality and inventory control, and planning techniques.
- The ability to incorporate business, financial and management tools to improve manufacturing processes.
- The ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms.
The curriculum for the Master of Science degree can be found under Program Requirements on the program's web page on the Oregon Tech web site.
Summary of Student Learning Outcomes
During the 2014-15 academic year, the program faculty formally assessed the student learning outcomes summarized in the attached report. Additional details can be found in department assessment records.