The Bachelor of Science program in Nuclear Medicine Technology at Oregon Institute of Technology provides graduates with the knowledge and clinical skills necessary to become competent, ethical and caring professionals in the field of Nuclear Medicine.
The program prepares students to perform as compassionate and caring health care professionals.
The program prepares our graduates to sit for the ARRT and NMTCB board exams.
The program prepares students who think critically, communicate effectively and demonstrate professional ethics.
The program prepares students to utilize diagnostic techniques, sound judgment and good decision making to provide patient services.
The program prepares students to be aware of radioactive exposure to themselves and patients.
Expected Student Learning Outcomes
- The student will demonstrate proficiency in providing patient care.
- The student will demonstrate knowledge of radiation safety precautions and ALARA concepts.
- The student will demonstrate recognition of, and adherence to, ethical and professional responsibilities.
- The student will perform nuclear medicine imaging procedures according to program and/or departmental protocol using scientific knowledge and skills in scientific reasoning.
- The student will demonstrate proficiency in obtaining a relevant patient history.
- The student will demonstrate knowledge of various radiopharmaceuticals and their uses in nuclear medicine imaging.
- The student will demonstrate knowledge, understanding, and appropriate uses of instrumentation used in a nuclear medicine department.
- The student will demonstrate knowledge of quality control procedures for instrumentation used in nuclear medicine.
- The student will demonstrate knowledge of radiation therapy procedures used in nuclear medicine.
The curriculum map for the Nuclear Medicine Technology program can be found on the program's web page on the Oregon Tech web site.
Summary of Student Learning Outcomes
During the 2012-13 academic year, the program faculty formally assessed the student learning outcomes summarized in the attached annual report. Additional details can be found in department assessment records.