The purpose of the Respiratory Care Degree Completion Program, a bachelor of science program, is to prepare graduates for upward and broadened mobility within the respiratory care profession.
The program assists the students in achieving advanced professional goals.
Student Learning Outcomes
Students in the program will demonstrate:
- The ability to communicate effectively in oral, written and visual forms.
- Advanced knowledge of management of respiratory care plans for adult, neonatal and pediatric patients.
- The knowledge and skills necessary to obtain an additional credential or certification in an advanced practice.
- Knowledge and skills in a specialized technical emphasis (advanced respiratory care, education, management, or polysomnography).
- The ability to design and deliver instruction for undergraduate respiratory care students.
The curriculum map for the degree completion program can be found on the program's web page on the Oregon Tech Distance Education web site.
Summary of Student Learning Outcomes
During the 2011-12 academic year, the program faculty formally assessed the student learning outcomes summarized in the attached annual report. Additional details can be found in department assessment records. (Note: During the 2008-09 academic year, the program faculty completed an extensive revision of the degree completion curriculum. Due to these efforts, the decision was made to suspend assessment of the old curriculum during the 2008-09 year.)