The Echocardiography bachelor's degree completion program enables registered professionals in echocardiography to further their knowledge and skills necessary for career advancement, to become effective communicators, problem solvers, critical thinkers, responsible managers and leaders, and to value lifelong learning.
- Utilize diagnostic techniques, sound judgment and good decision making to provide patient services.
- Be leaders in the field of echocardiography who contribute to the field on a local, regional or national level.
- Think critically, communicate effectively and exemplify professional ethics.
- Become lifelong learners and responsible citizens.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- The student will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in oral, written and visual forms.
- The student will demonstrate the ability to work effectively in teams.
- The student will demonstrate an ability to provide basic patient care and comfort.
- The student will employ professional judgment and discretion.
- The student will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of human gross anatomy, sectional anatomy, and normal and abnormal cardiovascular anatomy.
- The student will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of cardiovascular physiology, pathology, and pathophysiology.
- The student will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of cardiovascular physical principles and instrumentation.
- The student will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of clinical echocardiography diagnostic procedures and testing.
- The student will demonstrate an understanding of diverse cultural and humanistic traditions in the global society.
- The student will be able to perform scholarly research and to contribute that knowledge to the field of echocardiography.
Summary of Program Student Learning Outcomes
During the 2016-17 academic year, the Medical Imaging Technology faculty formally assessed the student learning outcomes summarized in the annual program assessment report. Additional details can be found in department assessment records.
The curriculum map for the Echocardiography Degree Completion program can be found on the catalog web page on the Oregon Tech website, www.oit.edu/catalog.