Oregon Institute of Technology, Oregon's polytechnic university, provides degree programs and educational opportunities in the applied sciences and technologies, and related areas that prepare students to be effective participants in their professional, public and international communities. A public, polytechnic university, Oregon Tech offers superior, accessible education while promoting the application of theory to practice and a balanced education in science, communication, technology and health-related fields. Six objectives are central to our mission.
- Provide degree programs in engineering, engineering technologies, health technologies, management and applied sciences that enable graduates to obtain the knowledge and skills necessary for immediate employment.
- Enable students to be effective communicators, responsible citizens, and lifelong learners by assisting them in the development of critical thinking and problem solving skills, and ethical and cultural awareness.
- Offer continuing and distance education and advanced professional studies to meet the emerging needs of today's citizens.
- Provide informational and technical expertise to regional, state, national, and global publics in applied research.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with public and private institutions, business and industry, and government agencies to ensure quality programs that meet the needs of students and the organizations that employ them.
- Provide statewide access through the university's Klamath Falls and Portland operations to address the needs of the Oregon workforce.