Camps, Clinics & Special Events
Camp, Clinic and Special Event Insurance is available to Oregon Tech Departments and Programs that sponsor short-term events/activities involving participants who are generally not affiliated with the University. Such camps/events/activities might include:
- Sports Camps for minors;
- Math, Engineering and Science Camps for minors;
- Trips or Tours for adults;
- and pre-approved student club outings
The Oregon Tech Office of Risk Management highly recommends the purchase of this insurance. It covers participants and/or spectators and the premium is based upon the actual number attending. It is available at a modest cost .
This insurance must be requested at least two weeks PRIOR to the event and covers medical expenses and sickness to registered participants. The following provisions are required. The participant must be:
- at a scheduled camp/clinic/event/activity under the supervision of Oregon Tech personnel;
- on the premises where the camp/clinic/event/activity is, and during a regular camp/clinic/ event/activity day;
- traveling to and from camp/clinic/event activities as a member of a group under the supervision of Oregon Tech personnel.
To request this coverage, complete the request form (found at the insurance link) and send it to our office via e-mail or campus mail. *Once the event/activity is over, please inform the Office of Risk Management (ORM) with the actual number of participants and/or spectators.
Events and Activities of high risk require special approval and may require additional safety measures and/or insurance prior to the event. Please plan ahead to insure you have met all the necessary requirements.