- Open up Internet Explorer. (Other browsers will most likely not work, because you won’t be able to see the Rules option that you need to use to do this process.)
- Type in the Address line: https://mail.oit.edu
- Log in to your account. Your username is in the format of firstname.lastname. Your default password is your first initial, last initial and the last four digits of your social security number. (Some may have the last four digits of their Oregon Tech student id number instead.) Note that everything should be typed in lower case.
- Leave the other settings at the default and click the Log On button or press the Enter key. Click OK or Yes to any warning boxes that pop up.
- Click on the Rules option in the bottom left corner of the program. OR depending on how you have yours set up.
- Click on the New button at the top of the screen.
- This box pops up.
- Fill in the boxes as indicated. The Rule name can be whatever you want. If you leave the fields blank like in the example, ALL of your email messages will be forwarded. You can also select to have only certain messages forward by selecting criteria in the other boxes.
- You will probably want to remove the checkmark in the “Keep a copy in my Inbox” option like the example shows. If you keep a copy in your Inbox and never log into your Oregon Tech email account, your account will eventually be full and no more messages will be delivered.
- Click on Save and Close in the top left corner when done.
- Click on Log Off in the top right corner to close your email account.
This feature is NOT supported by the ITS department at Oregon Tech. You use this function at your own risk. Oregon Tech is only responsible for making sure that your email is delivered to your Oregon Tech email account.
If you use this forward feature, be sure you don’t have any conflicting forwards set up in your other email account that could create a loop where the email message has no where to go. For example: Any kind of forward FROM your other account TO your Oregon Tech one.
If you report a problem with your email account, ITS may need to remove your forward rule to be able to troubleshoot the issue. You will be responsible for adding your forward rule back if you still want it. ITS will not add your rule for you.