Documents & Files can be published on a webpage with the help of the Content block widget. Click the More Formatting options to open up advanced menu option of the content editor. Under the Document Manager icon you may publish a link to an existing file/document or upload and publish a link to a new document from your computer.
Note: Use the Document List widget if multiple documents/files need to published.
Note: Use the Document Link widget to publish a single document.
Working with Documents & Files
Create a Library
Most users will find that a library (folder) has already been created for their department. However, additional organization of documents & files may be desired.
As established permissions permit, Sitefinity allows sub-folders to be created within a library. In the appropriate department library, you can click the Create a library button at the top of the screen.
Replace Existing Document
To update a document that is already uploaded in your document library, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Document library where the file has been uploaded to. If you don't know where the file is saved, follow the path of the document URL (hover over hyperlink on live site) and you will see the folder(s) and file name in link extension.
- Click the Title of the document to edit the properties.
- Click Replace the file button, under the Title field.
- Follow the steps to either drag & drop or select your replacement document.
- After the new file appears, click Publish.