Statement of Vision
"The library will be Oregon Tech's "intellectual commons," the hub of knowledge and learning for the community, with a staff committed to excellence; dedicated to the open, free exchange of ideas; and continually striving to make it easy for our users to locate, navigate, and access high quality information resources."
Statement of Mission
As an integral part of the educational experience at Oregon Tech, the library is an active partner within the university community. The library provides student-centered, quality services and collections in order to promote the creation and use of knowledge. The library fosters the development of information competency, critical thinking, and life-long learning. We value and promote inquiry and the pursuit of knowledge, intellectual and ethical integrity, excellence in teaching and learning, and respect for diverse points of view. The library fulfills its mission by:
- Collections: Acquiring and managing traditional library resources, electronic information resources and technologies, and special collections; and also creating new collections and information resources.
- Access:Providing comprehensive access to library services and resources for local and extended communities.
- Instruction:Delivering creative, relevant instruction in information competencies as well as consultations in individual, group, and collaborative settings.
- Facilities:Creating a welcoming, safe, and dynamic environment conducive to teaching and learning and responsive to student learning styles and habits.
- Planning and Assessment:Anticipating and responding to the ever-evolving information needs of our community and assessing our effectiveness.
- Personnel:Recruiting and maintaining an expert and well-trained staff, committed to professional development and their own life-long learning.