Library Group Study Rooms
- Groups of Oregon Tech Students, Faculty, and Staff may reserve Group Study Rooms.
- When reserving the room, you will be asked for the number of people in your group.
- Reservations may be made up to one (1) week in advance.
- Reservations will be held until 15 minutes after the beginning of the scheduled time period.
- After 15 minutes, the room may be reassigned.
- Reservations may be made through the library catalog (see video), or by stopping by the Library Access Services desk on the first floor of the LRC building. Or, you can call Access Services at 541-885-1771.
Check Out Procedures
- Group study room keys are available for checkout at the Access Services Desk on the Library's first floor.
- Keys should be checked out immediately prior to use of the room.
- When you are ready to check out the room, be sure to bring your Oregon Tech ID card.
- The person who checks out the room key is responsible for upholding the policies, maintaining the security of the room, and returning the key to the Access Services Desk on the first floor of the LRC.
- If you need more time, check with the Library Access Services Desk.
- If the room is not reserved by another group, you will have the option to renew your time for one (1) additional hour.
- If a room is not vacated and the key returned to the Library's Access Services Desk at the end of your reservation, you will be charged a $5.00 fine.
- Group Study Rooms are for use for a Two (2) Hour Period (Three (3) hour Maximum).
- Group Study Rooms are for groups of Two (2) or more Oregon Tech Students, Faculty, or Staff.
- Conversation or presentation volume should be confined to the room you are occupying.
- Group Study Room keys may not leave the building.
- The Library follows campus facilities use policy.
- Only drinks in closed containers are allowed.
- No food.
- To respect users' privacy, the library is unable to tell what group study room an individual is using or has used in the past.
- Posters, notes, and other items may not be hung on walls or windows. The white boards are magnetic.
- The Library is not responsible for the security of personal items left unattended.
- Non compliance with these guidelines or damage to these facilities may result in members of the group being denied further use of the group study rooms or being asked to vacate the room.
- The Library reserves the right to enter rooms at any time.
- White Boards, Electrical Outlets, Desks, Chairs, Computers, and Wireless Access are available in all rooms.
- White Board Markers may be checked-out at the Access Service Desk located on the Library's first floor