Starting Salary Range: $13.97 - $15.62 per hour
Requisition No: 17-11003
Classification Code: C0301
Application Deadline: September 9, 2016
Oregon Institute of Technology seeks a Library Technician 2 for the Wilsonville campus. This is a part-time, 9-month position with benefits. The work hours for this position are primarily afternoons, evenings and weekends.
This classified position supports students and other library users by providing access to library services and resources in the evening and weekend hours. The Library Technician uses knowledge of established library procedures to provide a wide variety of technical duties and/or patron assistance within the Wilsonville campus Library. Employees in this class may oversee the work of lower level employees, students, and volunteers. Some responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Staffing circulation and reserve desks
- Shelving books and participating in stack maintenance
- Create and update patron records
- Maintain serial control records
- Performing routine and non-routine ILL transactions
- Metadata entry of transcribed fields for digital collections
- Train students, develop or adapt training materials; schedule and assign work
See full job description for additional duties.
- Two years of current library experience (within five years) OR, Associates degree (or equivalent 72 quarter hours or 48 semester hours), and 1 year of current experience; OR, an equivalent combination of current library experience, training and/or education in related fields;
- AND, proficiency in multiple library specific computer applications, e.g., integrated library systems, database applications, institutional repository; content management systems.
Applicants are expected to demonstrate a commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens, permanent residents, foreign nationals granted temporary residence under one of the 1986 legalization programs, refugees, and asylees.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Oregon Tech’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive university requires that no person experience discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression or any other protected personal characteristic. We particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial and ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who actively demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion.