In 2011 The Orbis Cascade Alliance began a pilot to purchase electronic books based on usage. That means when you look at an e-book in this project, you help determine what gets purchased and made available for others to use.
Questions and comments about this project can be sent to the Oregon Tech Library Reference desk. Call (541) 885-1773 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is how to find and use these books:
Option 1: go to EBL Directly
Option 2: find ebooks in the Oregon Tech Library Catalog
- Go to EBL directly by going to the Find tab, then click on find a book, and electronic books. EBL is Electronic Book Library.
- Tell it what university you are affiliated with, and logon as you would any other Oregon Tech Library electronic resource.
- Search for an Ebook by title or subject:
- After you search you should get a list of results. You can see more details about a book by clicking on the title, or you can refine your search by clicking on any of the options on the left side of the page.
- Once you have selected a book you can and check it out or download it for longer reading times.
- To print and copy Ebooks you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. To download and check out Ebooks you will need Adobe Digital Editions.
Besides searching for a title you may also browse EBL by subject, or you can see the items you have previously viewed. Both of these options are available on the main screen.
- Go to the Oregon Tech Library Catalog on the library home page and select the advanced search.
- Scroll down the screen and type in a title or keywords. before you hit the search button, look a bit further down and select eBook under format.
- After you select search you should get a list of results. You can refine these further with the options to the left of the screen. To view more about a title you can click on the title, or you can go directly to the title by clicking on the e View Now link at the bottom of the result.
- When you click to view the book you will be asked which university you are affiliated with, and you will need to logon with your OIT email information.After that you will be able to view and check out the book as above.