Looking for Background Information?
Start here! These resources are a good place to get definitions of terms and concepts as well as general background information.
Top of Page
- CivilENGINEERINGnetBASE - Includes several hundred electronic books related to all aspects of civil engineering.
- Credo Reference - Includes titles such as: Dictionary of Engineering Terms, Butterworth-Heinemann, McGraw-Hill Concise Encyclopedia of Science and Technology and McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms.
Looking for Research Articles?
Start with these Electronic Resources. Also see the Oregon Tech Library’s webpage listing databases on the subject of Engineering & Technology.
Primary Electronic Resources
- ASCE Library – provides full-text access to more than 80,000 papers from ASCE Journals and Proceedings covering all disciplines of civil engineering.
- Engineering Village - good source for peer-reviewed citations and articles in all fields of engineering.
- Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management – a multidisciplinary environmental science resource including citations to more than 10,000 resources in all aspects of environmental science.
Secondary Electronic Resources Top of Page
Looking for a Book in the Oregon Tech Library or Other Libraries?
Books and other items are listed in the Library Catalog. Use the Library Catalog to find materials in the Oregon Tech Libraries' collections and through the Summit. Summit provides access to materials from 36 academic libraries in Oregon and Washington for Oregon Tech students, faculty and staff See the titles and suggested Library of Congress call number ranges below for pointers to popular items.
Popular books in the Oregon Tech Reference stacks are:
- International Building Code, TH420 .I581
- International Fire Code, TH420 .I584
- RS Means Construction Costs Series
Square Foot Costs, TH435 .M44
- Structural Steel Designer's Handbook, TA684 .S79
Popular books in the Oregon Tech Book stacks are:
- FE Review Manual: Rapid Preparation for the General Fundamentals of Engineering exam, TA159 .L5733 2000
- Environmental Engineering and Sanitation, TD145 .S24 1992
- Surface Water-Quality Modeling, TD365 .C48 1997
- Principles of Highway Engineering and Traffic Analysis, TE147 .M28 2005
- Bridge Engineering: Design, Rehabilitation, and Maintenance of Modern Highway Bridges, TG300 .T66 1995
- The Straw Bale House, TH4818.S77 B35 1994
- Alternative Construction: Contemporary Natural Building Methods, TH146 .A48 2000
Try these Library of Congress call number ranges to find books on the shelf or in the Summit catalog.
TA Engineering (General). Civil engineering.
TC Hydraulic engineering. Ocean engineering.
TD Environmental technology. Sanitary engineering
TE Highway engineering. Roads and pavements.
TF Railroad engineering and operation.
TG Bridge engineering.
TH Building construction.
Top of Page
Help/Tutorials Top of Page