Looking for Background Information?
Start here! These resources are a good place to get definitions of terms and concepts as well as general background information.
CRCnetBASE - Includes hundreds of online books related to renewable energy resources.
Credo Reference - Includes titles such as: Encyclopedia of Energy, the Dictionary of Environmental Science and Technology, and the Dictionary of Engineering Terms.
Plunkett's renewable, alternative & hydrogen energy industry almanac available in the reference section, HD9502.U52 P625 2007
Top of Page
Looking for Research Articles?
Start with these Electronic Resources. Also see the Oregon Tech Library’s webpage listing databases on the subject of Engineering & Technology.
Primary Electronic Resources
Secondary Electronic Resources Top of page
Looking for a Book in the Oregon Tech Library or Other Libraries?
Books and other items are listed in the Library Catalog
. Use the Library Catalog
to find materials in the Oregon Tech Libraries' collections and through the
Summit. Summit provides access to materials from 36 academic libraries
in Oregon and Washington for Oregon Tech students, faculty and staff. See the titles and suggested Library of Congress call
number ranges below for pointers to popular items.
Try these Library of Congress call number ranges to find books on the shelf.
Top of Page
- HD 9502-9502.5 Energy industries. Energy policy. Fuel trade
- QC 621 Thermoelectricity
- TJ 163.13-163.25 Power resources
- TJ 163.26-163.5 Energy conservation
- TJ 807-830 Renewable energy sources
TJ 820-828 Wind Power
- TK 1087 Photovoltaic power
- TP 315-360 Fuel
- Alternative Fuels Data Center - provides a wide range of information and resources to enable the use of alternative fuels
- Energy Citations Database - free access to over 2.6 million science research citations.
- Energy Information Administration - news and reports with statistics on a variety of renewable energy sources from geothermal and biofuels to solar and wind.
- Geo-Heat Center at OIT and the Geo-Heat Digital Library – a research center for geothermal resources.
- MIT World: Energy - lectures from MIT professors and guests on a variety of topics in the environmental and energy disciplines.
- Morevolts.com - a resource for information on environmentally friendly, renewable
alternative energy such as Solar, Fuel Cell, Biomass, Geothermal, Wind, Wave, and
other innovative and interesting sources of energy
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory Publications - This database provides access to citations and some full articles, reports, conference papers, and other resources about renewable energy and energy efficiency.
- US Department of Energy, Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy - reports and news about renewable and sustainable energy sources.
- A Field of Green: Renewable Energy Research on the Web - A guide to web resources on renewable energy engineering.
- Renewable Energy Incentives by State
Top of Page